Is it time for a hospice evaluation?
There is a lot of talk about hospice these days. Our population is aging. Health care costs are rising. People want to spend their last months at home surrounded by family.
The good news is that hospice can be the answer to these modern challenges. So how do you know when to call?
The following indicators could mean that a hospice evaluation makes sense:
- Multiple chronic health conditions with overall decline
- Multiple visits to the hospital or ER in the past six months
- Frequent calls to the physician’s office
- The patient is too weak to make it to the office for appointments
- The patient is requiring more assistance with activities of daily living
- Frequent Falls
- Unintended weight loss
- Shortness of breath while resting
- Increased need for medication to manage pain
- The patient is sleeping more and spending more time in bed
A patient does not need to meet all of the above indicators to be eligible for hospice care. If you are believe that yourself or a loved one may benefit from hospice care, contact us today schedule and evaluation.